PANAMANIA, presented by CIBC, is the 35-day arts and cultural festival that will enrich the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games experience. More than 250 unique performances and exhibitions, both free and ticketed, will take place across Toronto from July 10 to August 15. PANAMANIA will showcase the diverse cultures and artistic excellence of Ontario, Canada and the Americas through music, theatre, dance, visual arts and fashion.
PANAMANIA is comprised of four major programs:
- PANAMANIA Live @ Nathan Phillips Square (July 11–26 and August 7–12). Free and open to the public.
- CIBC Pan Am Park (July 11–25). Free and open to the public.
- PANAMANIA Live @ The Distillery District (July 11–26). Free and open to the public.
- PANAMANIA Presentations featuring national and international performances and exhibitions, including 28 commissioned world premieres, presented across Toronto (July 10–August 15).
PANAMANIA Live @ Nathan Phillips Square
Daily from July 10 to 26 and August 7 to 12
Co-produced with the City of Toronto. Take in more than 130 acts from across the Americas over 23 days. Nightly Victory Celebrations and fireworks. Jumbo video screens with live Games coverage, and a special live broadcasting of the Pan Am Opening Ceremony on July 10.
- Death from Above 1979 – July 12
- Ondatropica – July 13
- Lila Downs – July 15
- Luciano – July 16
- The Flaming Lips – July 19
- Marie-Pierre Arthur – July 22
- Café Tacvba – July 22
- Calle 13 – July 25
- Damien Robitaille – July 25
- Chromeo (Canada) – August 7
- Tanya Tagaq – August 8
- The Roots – August 8
- Janelle Monae – August 9
- Brigitte Boisjoli – August 9
- Jann Arden – August 11
- A Tribe Called Red – August 12
- and more!
Free and open to the public. See the detailed events schedule for PANAMANIA Live @ Nathan Phillips Square.
CIBC Pan Am Park
Where Art Meets Sport – Daily from July 11 to 25. Live stages with more than 50 acts and interactive sponsor activations in the heart of the Games’ largest sport cluster, on the grounds of Exhibition Place. Experience the ultimate street party among the excitement and camaraderie of the Games. Food, music and fun for the whole family.
- USS – July 11
- A Tribe Called Red – July 12
- Colin James – July 17
- Dragonette – July 19
- ChocQuib Town – July 19
- Lights – July 20
- The Barra McNeils – July 25
- and more!
Free and open to the public. Free and open to the public. See the detailed events schedule for CIBC Pan Am Park.
PANAMANIA Live @ The Distillery District
Daily from July 11 to 25 (excluding Mondays). Enjoy an immersive experience strolling the cobblestone lanes while taking in the sights, sounds and tastes of the Americas. A multitude of ticketed events to enjoy at The Young Centre for the Performing Arts.
- Unique artisanal products at container pop-up shops
- Culinary sensations
- Basket weaving
- Gypsy Kumbia Orchestra
- and more!
Free and open to the public. See the detailed events schedule for Presentations.
- The Big ‘What Now?’ written and performed by Sandra Shamas
- The connected Creation of creative Connections
- Battle for the North
- Smarter. Faster. Tougher. An Exhibition on Sports, Fashion + Tech
- Cuttin’ Style Caribbean
- YOA Orchestra of the Americas featuring guest soloist Ingrid Fliter
- Jazz of the Americas: Danilo Pérez and PANAMANIA Lula Big Band
- Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
- La Imaginación del Futuro
- The Postman by David Ferry and Laurence Dean Ifill
- The Watershed by Annabel Soutar and Directed by Chris Abraham
- Gimme Shelter by Ravi Jain
- 887 written, directed and performed by Robert Lepage
- It Comes In Waves by Jordan Tannahill and bluemouth inc.
- Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish by David Rakoff – Adapted and directed by Mark McGrinder and co-adapted by Joel Greenberg
- NIÁGARA ~ A Pan-American Story
- PUSH! Real Athletes. Real Stories. Real Theatre.
- Obeah Opera by Nicole Brooks
- The Power Plant Contemporary Art Gallery
- Water’s Edge
- Challenge and Triumph by David M. General
- YOUNG World Faces of Pan Am
- InterNations/InterSections by Planet IndigenUS 2015
- Requiem of Water: Underwater Photo and Video Exhibition
- North Sur Photo Exchange Project
- Art Battle Canada